Working in a Tomb

We've been working off and on in the Midas tomb. We're cleaning and helping in the monitoring of the environment. This involves lots of shimmying on ladders and scaffolding, and reminds me of my childhood spelunking adventures more than anything else.
   
The roof of the tomb.

A tethered vacuum, suspended from a bar in case it falls from the scaffolding.


Richard surveys the roof of the tomb.


This is me cleaning a 2700-year-old log. I find that to be a lot of pressure.

Also, it was brought to my attention by a friend that this blog is currently failing to focus on the city of Los Angeles. I hope unsuspecting visitors are not disappointed by the false advertising. I might change the title picture, if I have time before cocktail hour.


2 comments:

  1. I like the comment about your childhood caving days. We did have a lot of fun, didn't we. I vote for a blog name change, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE KING HAS DONKEY EARS! THE KING HAS DONKEY EARS!

    ReplyDelete