This is why LA is ridiculous.

For my last LA based post, I thought I would throw up some pictures of the oddball sight that I happened across the other day. I went to get my hair cut, and the premiere of the new Karate Kid was happening next door. This happens frequently in Westwood (the neighborhood in which UCLA is located), although I still don't understand why. They block off the entire street, because there isn't actually room for a red carpet in front of the theater. You can't tell when you see footage of it on TV, but in person this makes for a very awkward set-up. And my favorite part is that there isn't anywhere for people to be dropped off. So no celebrities getting out of limos. Instead they have to park their cars and walk down the street just like the rest of us. This results in assorted people in black tie apparel waiting for the light to change with people who are gawking at the premiere attendees. Hilarious. 
The theater, with roadblocks galore.
 
Crowds waiting across the street for someone famous to show up. Didn't seem to be overflowing with celebrities from what I could see. 

And with that, I say goodbye to LA for the summer. Next post, I head to Ankara! I might have to change the name of the blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment