Liz leaves Los Angeles...

I have left LA for the summer, in order to travel to far-flung places for summer internships. I've resolved to update this blog more frequently, since I'll have more interesting pictures to show than the normal photos of me sitting in the lab. 

I finished up my schoolwork on Friday, and promptly flew out on Saturday. I got flights from LA to Montreal, from Montreal to Munich, and from Munich to Ankara. I was immediately reminded of how long its been since I went abroad (I am disregarding trips to British Canada in that statement, of course). There are a few things I immediately remembered/learned the moment I hopped on the plane.

(1) I love to travel. 

(2) I forgot how wonderful it can be to fly an airline that actually feeds you. Everyone should fly Lufthansa. They fed me constantly, and brought around drinks almost every hour. Drinks before dinner, drinks with dinner, after dinner wine, after dinner coffee, after dinner cognac, morning drinks, etc. And all for free. Wonderful. 

(3) Duty free shops are odd.

 
(4) Munich has a strange airport. There are cubes for smoking...

...and cubes for napping.

...and for some reason, an adult store. No one under 18 allowed!

That sums up my 20 hours of flying, as best I can in my jetlagged state. More to come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment