I never knew I loved Greek food...

In fact, I've always been fairly unimpressed by Greek cuisine as I know it in the States. Which I guess just refers to feta, olives and spanakopita in my mind. But the food here, perhaps because its Cretan (and not just Americanized Greek) is incredible. Or at least, I have yet to have anything that wasn't incredible.

One of the best thing about the tavernas in Pachia Ammos is that every time you order a beer it comes with assorted sides. And they're different every time. And amazingly delicious every time.

Snails are a big thing here. I didn't know I loved snails, but I do.


There are dolmatas of course, and my favorite - a dish called dakos. This is a classic Cretan dish, made with a barley rusk, covered with tomatoes and cheese. Simple and wonderful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment