Why is there a resort here?

Week two we were invited to by a local resort (?!) owner for dinner and a swim in the massive pool. How this place ended up in the middle of nowhere, I'm still not sure. And who patronizes this place, I'm really not sure. But a swim in the pool was a welcome break from the heat, which as always, was intense. 


I don't know if I've ever been so excited to see a pool. I think everyone else agreed. 

I think the interior decorating speaks for itself.



In Syria, instead of napkins there are always boxes of tissues.
Here they had boxes with a image of the resort on it. I wish I had taken one. 

They served us tequila-flavored beer. As Mexican as apple pie? 
Confusing to your taste buds, to say the least.  

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, you never cease to amaze me in your discoveries around the world: tequilla-flavored beer? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete