Herzog!

Went to see Herzog's new film Cave of Forgotten Dreams, about cave paintings from the Chauvet Cave in France. These are the earliest known cave paintings (exciting!) and the film is lovely and in 3-D (also exciting, but gives me a headache!). There was a Q&A with Herzog after the film, which was one of the finer Director Q&As I've had the pleasure of seeing. Pardon the blurry picture, I haven't been carrying my camera around with me and this was taken with my phone. 


Since completing this film, Herzog said he has made another film about making the music for Cave of Forgotten Dreams, and four short films. If only every good director was so prolific.   


He also said that this scene above, from Swing Time, was his favorite in cinema ever. I found this baffling at the time, although I'm not sure why I'm surprised by anything he says at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment